This Thai Rice Pilaf is packed with flavor and comes together in about 10 minutes. The perfect weekday side dish! It can easily be made vegan.
Do you ever get the feeling that there just aren’t enough hours in the day?
Yeah, me too!
There was a time when a crazy week could throw all of my nutrition goals off track. I would be too exhausted even to think about dinner, and so we would end up getting carry out. Not only was it less than ideal from a nutritional standpoint, but with two hungry boys, it also got expensive. REALLY expensive.
(Skye doesn't eat much so keeping her fed is never expensive. But my boys. Wow.)
These days, I keep my pantry stocked so that a quick, wholesome meal is never too complicated.
I also have developed the habit of cooking on the weekend so that the fridge is well-stocked.
That almost always includes making either quinoa or rice. Sometimes I get ambitious and make both. (Check out this Instant Pot Quinoa for how to cook quinoa in just a minute!)
With my pantry and fridge stocked, meals like this come together in a flash! In less than 15 minutes, this Thai Rice Pilaf is done, leaving me to enjoy the rest of my evening.
Watching your carbs? No problem.
This recipe works perfectly with Cauliflower Rice!
Tools for Making Thai Rice Pilaf
Thai Rice Pilaf
- 20 oz cooked rice
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 cup chopped pineapple
- 2 carrots grated
- ½ cup baby sweet peas fresh or frozen
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced ginger or 1 drop ginger essential oil
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- 3 scallions sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped cashews
- ½ cup shredded unsweetened coconut toasted
- Optional: Hot sauce
- Heat coconut oil in a large skillet to medium high. Add pineapple, carrots and sweet peas and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add rice, lime juice, fish sauce, maple syrup and ginger. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring often. Remove from heat and stir in cilantro and scallions.
- Top with cashews and coconut and serve warm. Drizzle with hot sauce if desired.
If You Like Thai Rice Pilaf You May Also Like: