These Buffalo Chicken Quinoa Bites are healthy and packed with flavor. Paired with Skinny Blue Cheese Dressing, this gluten free meal is a winner.
Hi, I’m Jessica from Jessiker Bakes! I was thrilled when Wendy asked me to guest post on her blog because she definitely has the best quinoa recipes! Today I wanted to share my Buffalo Quinoa Chicken Bites with you which are the perfect recipe to convince your kids and family members to fall in love with quinoa! They remind me of nuggets except they are so much healthier, packed with nutrients and taste amazing without any grease or being fried!
These bites are the perfect punch of spice and crunch while still remaining healthy. I added the greek yogurt to replace what was the cream cheese in my original recipe for chicken buffalo bites, so this delivers the creaminess on the inside of the bites minus all those calories. Trust me, this is a snack worth trying! It’s totally guilt free from the bites to the sauce. These are were approved for all our get-togethers including Super Bowl and World Cup and have been on rotation.
If you’re serving them to kids, you may want to reduce a bit of the spice element, but otherwise they are the perfect size and taste for them. The bites actually aren’t that small, they are a hearty snack, and so if you want to make more than the 14 that the recipe says then you just have to make them smaller.
The homemade blue cheese dressing is insanely easy to make AND healthy. Everyone who tasted it couldn’t tell the difference between the greek yogurt vs sour cream in a normal blue cheese dressing recipe, and they compliment the bites perfectly. I was definitely guilty of eating my fair share, and scooping on a whole lot of dressing! I hope you enjoy these and try them out while the World Cup is still playing!
- 1 cup shredded cooked chicken breasts
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons chopped scallions
- 3 tablespoons hot sauce
- ½ cup shredded cheese
- 3 tablespoons greek yogurt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup gluten free breadcrumbs
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Skinny Blue Cheese Dressing
- ¼ cup crumbled blue cheese
- ½ cup Greek yogurt
- ½ teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Chopped parsley, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray a cookie sheet with non-stick spray and set aside.
- In a bowl, mix the quinoa, salt, pepper, scallions and hot sauce. Add the chicken, cheese and yogurt. Mix until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, add the breadcrumbs, salt and pepper.
- Add the bowl with the egg beside it and prepare to roll the quinoa bites and dip them.
- Using your hands, make balls the size of a tablespoon but squeeze them together slightly until firmly into a ball. Dip the bites into the egg first, letting the excess drip off, and then into the breadcrumbs coating it. Place on the cookie sheet.
- Continue until the entire quinoa chicken mixture is in bites.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove and allow to cool for 5 minutes before eating.
- Blue Cheese Dressing
- Mix all the ingredients for the blue cheese dressing together in a food processor, pulsing once or twice to combine all the flavours. Store in the fridge until ready for use.
- Pour into a small bowl for serving. Add parsley as a garnish.
As far as I know, this dressing will last as long as your greek yogurt will, which is usually 2-3 weeks.
Jessica, a 23 year old island girl and soon-to-be lawyer, is the Founder and Editor of Jessiker Bakes. Jessiker Bakes focuses on delicious, simple and mostly healthy recipes in categories of desserts, breakfasts, dinner, to go meals, overnight meals, weekend dishes and healthy recipe makeover meals. In her spare time, she enjoys reading, swimming and travelling.