There's something deeply satisfying about biting into perfectly crispy Brussels sprouts. But achieving that ideal balance of tender interior and crunchy exterior can often feel elusive. Enter our Ninja Foodi Brussels Sprouts recipe! By air frying these little gems in the Foodi, then tossing them in a sweet and tangy maple dijon dressing and topping them with crunchy walnuts, you'll create a dish that's a delight to both make and eat.
If you have been looking for a new and exciting way to enjoy Brussels sprouts, you are in the right place. These Ninji Foodi Brussels sprouts use the air fryer feature of the Ninja Foodi to create perfectly crispy Brussels sprouts, ensuring a delightful crunch with every bite.
But that's not all! After they're air-fried to perfection, these Brussels sprouts are tossed in a mouth-watering maple dijon coating. This sweet and tangy glaze beautifully complements the natural earthiness of the sprouts, taking their flavor profile to a whole new level. To finish off, a generous sprinkle of walnuts adds an extra layer of texture and a nutty richness that rounds off the dish wonderfully.
If you're a fan of Brussels sprouts, make sure to check out our other Brussels sprouts recipes.
For those who love a bit of sweetness, our Caramelized Brussels Sprouts won't disappoint.
And, if you're up for a bit of adventure, give our Blackstone Brussels Sprouts a try for a smoky, griddled version.
So, whether you're a Brussels sprouts enthusiast or a curious foodie, this Ninja Foodi Brussels Sprouts recipe is a must-try. Let's get cooking and bring the magic of this easy air fryer recipe to your kitchen!
- Brussels Sprouts: Look for sprouts that are bright green in color with tightly packed leaves. They should feel firm when gently squeezed and not have any yellow or brown spots. Smaller sprouts tend to be sweeter and more tender, while larger ones have a more robust flavor. Always try to pick sprouts of a similar size for even cooking.
- Oil: Use avocado oil or vegetable oil because they have high smoke points and are packed with healthy fats. Canola oil or coconut oil could also work here.
- Sea Salt: You could also use kosher salt or pink Himalayan salt.
- Fresh Ground Black Pepper: This adds a bit of heat to balance the sweet and tangy flavors of the dish. Feel free to adjust the amount to your taste.
- Lemon Juice: Lemon juice adds a bright, acidic note to the dish. In case you're out of lemons, apple cider vinegar could serve as a good substitute.
- Maple Syrup: This gives our Brussels sprouts a hint of sweetness. Honey or agave nectar can be used as alternatives for your Ninja Foodi air fryer Brussel sprouts.
- Dijon Mustard: Dijon mustard lends a tangy, complex flavor to our dish.
- Toasted Walnuts: These add a delightful crunch and nutty flavor to finish off the dish. Other nuts like pecans, almonds, or even pine nuts could be used as substitutes.
Step by Step Instructions
For the full recipe with measurements, see the recipe card at the end of the post.
Tips & Tricks
- Preheating the Ninja Foodi: Always preheat your air fryer before adding the Brussels sprouts. This ensures they start cooking immediately and helps achieve that perfect crispy exterior.
- Single Layer is Key: When cooking your Ninja air fryer Brussel sprouts, make sure they are in a single layer. Overcrowding can result in uneven cooking.
- Stir Halfway Through: Giving the sprouts a quick stir halfway through the cooking process ensures all sides get nicely browned and crispy.
- Taste for Seasoning: After tossing the sprouts in the maple dijon mixture, give them a taste and adjust the seasoning if needed. Remember, it's easier to add more salt or pepper than to take it away!
- Serve Immediately: For the best texture and flavor, serve your Ninja Foodi Brussels Sprouts immediately after cooking. They're great warm but tend to lose their crispiness as they cool.
- Experiment with Toppings: While this recipe calls for walnuts, feel free to get creative with your toppings. Try other nuts, some crumbled bacon, or even a sprinkle of parmesan cheese for a different twist.
Mains: These Brussels sprouts make a delightful accompaniment to an array of proteins. Try them with a juicy Air Fryer Turkey Breast for a wholesome, low-carb meal. If you're a fan of chicken, the crispy exterior and tender meat of Air Fried Chicken Legs pair wonderfully with these sprouts.
For steak lovers, Picanha Steak offers robust flavors that complement the sweetness of the maple dijon coated sprouts. And, if you have a Blackstone griddle, our Blackstone Chicken recipe is a must-try - the smoky chicken and crispy sprouts are a match made in heaven.
Sides: To round out your meal, consider some hearty sides. Skillet Potatoes, with their crispy edges and fluffy insides, are a great contrast to the Brussels sprouts.
Cast Iron Cornbread adds a touch of sweetness and a comforting, homestyle feel to any meal. And for a hearty side, our Macroni and Cheese with Breadcrumbs is creamy, cheesy, and oh-so-comforting - a side dish that's sure to please everyone at the table.
Why won't my brussels sprouts get crispy?
The key to achieving the perfect crunch is to not overcrowd the air fryer basket. Make sure you give your Brussels sprouts ample space so that they can cook evenly and get a nice crispiness. Also, make sure that you preheat your Ninja Foodi before adding in the Brussels sprouts for best results.
Can I use this recipe with other vegetables?
Absolutely! This recipe works wonderfully with a variety of other vegetables, such as cauliflower, sweet potatoes, and broccoli. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time according to the size and type of vegetable you're using.
As an amazon associate, I earn from qualifying sales.
Store leftovers in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to three days. Leftover Brussels sprouts can be heated in your microwave oven or in your Foodi on the air crisp mode.
More Ninja Foodi Recipes to Try
- For a side dish that's as healthy as it is flavorful, give our Ninja Foodi Green Beans a try. They're cooked to perfection and tossed with garlic and olive oil for a simple yet satisfying treat.
- Looking to add a touch of comfort to your meal? Our Ninja Foodi Cornbread is a must. It's moist, fluffy, and has that classic sweet-savory balance that pairs well with almost anything.
- If you're in the mood for some creamy indulgence, our Ninja Foodi Mac and Cheese is just the ticket. It's rich, cheesy, and comes together in the Foodi in no time.
- Lastly, for a hearty main course, don't miss out on our Ninja Foodi Spaghetti. It's a one-pot wonder that delivers perfectly cooked pasta and a robust sauce; all made easy in the Ninja Foodi.
20-Minute Crispy Ninja Foodi Brussels Sprouts
- Ninja Foodi
- 1 pound brussels sprouts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or avocado oil divided
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup toasted walnuts
- Trip the ends off your Brussels sprouts and halve them lengthwise.
- Put them in a bowl and toss with 1 tablespoon of the oil, salt, and pepper.
- Preheat your Ninja Foodi in air fry mode to 400° F. While the air fryer is preheating, combine the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil, lemon juice, maple syrup, and Dijon mustard in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Working in batches, arrange the Brussels sprouts in a single layer in the air fryer basket.
- Cook for 10 minutes, stirring halfway through.
- Transfer the sprouts back to the bowl and toss with the lemon maple mixture. Top with walnuts and serve warm.