I love a dish that is packed with flavor AND easy to make. Today’s Skinny Blue Cheese Dip is just that. My family (the adult part – the kids don’t do blue cheese) adores it to the point that this is what my Dad asks for his birthday. It is also a game day favorite.
They think it takes me forever to make it. Do me a favor and please don’t tell them that it takes less than 10 minutes to whip together, ok?
It is, of course, great with crackers. (The day I was photographing this I was testing out a recipe for crackers made out of cashews. The flavor was right, but the texture needs a little work before it is ready to share.)
I adore it with carrots and celery just as much. And the leftovers, if there are any, are great as a sandwich or wrap spread.
I do use a little homemade mayo, but feel free to use all Greek yogurt if you like
I prefer this with 2% Greek yogurt than fat-free largely due to the texture.
Do you have recipes that your family thinks you labor over that are easy to make?
- 16 oz 2% plain Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise (preferably homemade)
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 10 ounces blue cheese
- In a medium bowl combine yogurt, mayonnaise, vinegar, garlic, paprika, salt and pepper. Stir in blue cheese. Chill until ready to serve.