For a comforting weeknight family meal or cozy weekend dinner, this Ninja Foodi meatloaf recipe is sure to be a hit! It is super-moist, bursting with flavor, and delivers everything we love about classic meatloaf. Give this easy one-pot recipe a try, and you will be hooked.
When you need a main course meal that will please the taste buds of everyone at your dinner table, meatloaf in the Ninja Foodi is the perfect solution.
The Ninja Foodi proves the perfect cooking environment for a moist and juicy meatloaf, and the tangy glaze takes flavors to the next level. And the best part? it is incredibly easy to make. (No oven or stovetop needed!)
And the flavor? Absolutely mouthwatering! The blend of garlic, cheese, soy sauce, and seasonings created the backbone of this savory dish.
The homemade glaze, made from a perfect combination of ketchup, brown sugar, vinegar, and soy sauce, elevates the meatloaf to a whole new level of deliciousness.
Follow along, and I'll teach you how to make this deliciously easy comfort food classic in your Ninja Foodi pressure cooker.
- Breadcrumbs: You can use either panko or plain bread crumbs. Gluten-free breadcrumbs are also a great option.
- Salt: Use one teaspoon of salt per pound of ground beef
- Pepper: Freshly grated is best.
- Eggs: I use large eggs, but any type will work.
- Milk: Whole milk adds a nice richness, but you could use low-fat if you prefer.
- Soy sauce: Gluten-free tamari or coconut aminos may be used if you like.
- Garlic: Use freshly minced garlic for the best flavor; frozen or jarred minced garlic will also work.
- Cheese: Shredded cheddar cheese adds a delicious flavor and texture.
- Ground beef: I like to use 80/20 or 85/15 ground beef. I find that super-lean beef yields a meatloaf that is too dry. You may use ground pork for half of the meat if you prefer.
- Water: Water is for the bottom of your Ninja Foodi.
- Ketchup: Use your favorite brand.
- Brown Sugar: Use more or less to your desired sweetness, keeping in mind that different brands of ketchup are sweeter than others.
- Vinegar: Apple cider vinegar adds just a touch of acid that balances out the richness of the meatloaf. You could use balsamic vinegar if you like.
- Soy Sauce: Gluten-free tamari or coconut aminos may be used if desired. It adds a nice umami flavor to the glaze.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the secret to juicy meatloaf?
The secret to juicy meatloaf is adding moisture in the form of liquid or fat. This can be done by adding dairy such as milk, cream, cheese, and eggs. Using a higher fat gound meat is also important.
What kind of breadcrumbs should I use?
You can use either plain or panko breadcrumbs; gluten-free breadcrumbs are also a great option. I prefer the flavor of plain breadcrumbs, but they do not hold together as well as the more dense panko crumbs.
Can I use ground turkey instead?
Yes, you can use ground turkey in place of the beef. However, I recommend using a higher fat variety for the best results.
Tools Needed to Make
As an amazon associate, I earn from qualifying sales.
- Ninja Foodi
- Trivet or rack
- Large mixing bowl
Leftover meatloaf can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to three days. It is perfect for making meatloaf sandwiches!
If you would like to freeze your meatloaf, wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and then aluminum foil. It will keep for up to three months.
When you are ready to eat, thaw the meatloaf overnight in the refrigerator before reheating. Reheat in a 350°F oven, your microwave, or Ninja Foodi (use your air fryer basket) until heated through.
Step by Step
More Ninja Foodi Recipes to Try
- For a main course that is quick, easy, and family-friendly, don't miss these Ninja Foodi chicken thighs.
- Ninja Foodi chicken alfredo is the ultimate comfort food that the whole family is going to love.
- Looking for a meal that is perfect for Sunday dinner? Look no further than this Ninja Foodi whole chicken.
- If you love chicken wings, don't miss these Ninja Foodi chicken wings.
Moist and Juicy Ninja Foodi Meatloaf
- Ninja Foodi or Instant Pot with crisper lid
- ⅔ cup breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 eggs beaten
- ⅓ cup whole milk
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 cup shredded cheddar
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- In a large bowl, stir together the breadcrumbs salt and pepper.
- Add the eggs, milk, soy sauce, and garlic.
- Add the cheese and meat to the bowl. With clean hands, mix until everything is throughly combined.
- Pour the water into the bottom of your Ninja Foodi, and place the trivet on top of the water.
- Prepare a foil sling by layering two sheets of aluminum foil in opposite directions. Place the meat mixture on top of the foil and form into a loaf.
- Transfer the meat in the foil to the prepared Ninja Foodi.
- Place the lid on, and set the valve to sealed. Cook at high pressure for 35 minutes. When the time is done, allow the pressure to release naturally (10 to 15 minutes), before carefully opening the lid.
- While the pressure is releasing, make the glaze by whisking together the ketchup, brown sugar, apple cider vinegar, and soy sauce.
- Brush the sauce on top of the meatloaf, and set your Foodi to broil. Broil until the sauce is lightly caramelized
- Let the meatloaf rest for at least 5 minutes, and then serve warm.