Craving something easy and delicious? Then this no-fuss, one-pan garlic butter asparagus recipe is for you! Made with just five simple ingredients like butter, garlic, and asparagus, this dish is ready in less than 10 minutes. Whether you're hosting a dinner party or looking for a quick meal after work - this recipe will help you whip up something extraordinary without any hassle. So come join me and let's create a tasty side dish that your friends and family can enjoy!
If you are an asparagus lover like me, you are going to fall in love with this garlic butter asparagus.
I've tried it all from Ninja Foodi Grill asparagus, air fryer asparagus, baked parmesan asparagus, to Blackstone asparagus - but now it's time to switch things up with something new.
This sauteed asparagus with butter and garlic e is the perfect way to combine all your favorite flavors into one dish that is easy to make and guaranteed to impress any dinner guest.
With minimal prep time and less than 10 minutes of total time, this is a vegetable side you will turn to again and again.
- Asparagus: Choose asparagus that is bright green, firm, and free of spots or wrinkles. Trim off the woody ends before cooking.
- Butter: Use salted butter for this recipe – it adds flavor to the dish. If you use unsalted butter, make sure to taste and adjust the seasonings. I like the flavor melted butter imparts on this dish, but you could use olive oil if you prefer.
- Minced garlic: Minced garlic gives a subtle boost of flavor to the dish. Use one to two cloves garlic.
- Sea salt: A little bit of sea salt brings out the flavors of the other ingredients.
- Freshly ground black pepper: Freshly ground pepper is essential for giving a zing to this dish.
- Lemon: Use fresh lemon juice and zest to add some brightness and acidity to the asparagus.
- Sliced almonds: Toasted sliced almonds give a nice crunchy texture and nutty flavor to the dish.
Step by Step
For the full recipe with measurements, see the recipe card at the end of the post.
Here's an easy way to make asparagus perfection this week.
Start by snapping the ends off and slicing the spears diagonally into 2-inch pieces.
Top with almonds. Garnish with crushed red pepper flakes and parsley if you like.
To trim asparagus, remove and asparagus spear from the bunch and bend it at the thicker end until it snaps. Use this as a guide to trim the rest of the asparagus spears.
Garlic butter asparagus pairs perfectly with a variety of dishes, from light and refreshing salads to hearty main courses. For a light meal, serve your garlic butter asparagus with a salad made from crisp greens and citrus flavors, like this citrus quinoa salad.
To create a heartier meal, try pairing it with Blackstone salmon, Ninja Foodi Grill Salmon or Ninja Foodi chicken breast. Round out the meal with Blackstone smashed potatoes and bread machine dinner rolls.
How should I store asparagus?
It's essential to store asparagus properly if you want to maintain its freshness and quality for as long as possible. To store asparagus like a pro, think of them like spring bouquets that need a bit of care.
To begin, trim the woody ends of the spears and then remove the band holding the bunch together. Then, arrange the stems like a bouquet before placing them in a tall cup or jar with enough water to keep the ends moist. This will help preserve the crispness and flavor of the asparagus for longer periods of time.
How do you toast sliced almonds?
Toasting sliced almonds takes just a few minutes and will add a nutty flavor to the dish.
Take them out of the oven and let them cool before using.
Can I use white asparagus in this recipe?
Yes, you can use white asparagus for this recipe. The cooking time can vary slightly due to the difference in texture of white asparagus versus green, but for the most part, you can treat white asparagus just as you would green.
Are thinner spears tastier?
Thinner asparagus spears tend to be more tender and flavorful, so they are often preferred over thicker ones. However, if you’re looking for a bit of crunch in your dish, thicker spears can be a great option too. It all depends on your personal preference!
As an Amazon associate, I earn from qualifying sales.
- Large skillet
- Sheet pan (for toasting the almond)
More Veggie Sides to Try
- For a simple side that is always a hit, give these Ninja Foodi green beans a try!
- For a deliciously fun pasta alternative, give Instant Pot spaghetti squash is a winner.
- The whole family is going to love this Spanish cauliflower rice.
- When you are dishing up Southwestern flavors, this cilantro lime slaw is always a hit.
Garlic Butter Asparagus
- 1- 2 bunches asparagus trimmed; about a pound
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lemon juice and zest
- ¼ cup sliced almonds toasted
- Snap off the ends of the asparagus and slice the spears diagonally into 2-inch pieces.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the asparagus, garlic, salt and pepper and cook for 3 minutes, or until crisp tender.
- Remove from the heat, and stir in the lemon juice and zest.
- Top with the almonds and serve.
Leave a Comment & Rate this Recipe