If you’re looking for a delicious and quick dinner idea, then look no further! Ninja Foodi Chicken Alfredo is easy to prepare and combines all your favorite flavors into one hassle-free dish. This creamy Italian classic is loaded with juicy chicken and tender pasta that rivals even the fanciest restaurant version – without having to leave the comforts of your home.
When you are craving a creamy pasta dish without a lot of effort, making chicken alfredo in your Ninja Foodi is the perfect solution.
In just over half an hour, you have a one-pot meal that the whole family is going to enjoy. No need to boil water or dirty multiple pots. With the pressure cooker function in your Foodi, this meal is so easy.
As an added bonus, this recipe is made with real food ingredients. No need to buy a jar sauce or even use a thickening agent. Ninja Foodi fettuccine alfredo is the perfect weeknight meal.
So follow along with this recipe, and let me teach you how to make this quick and easy chicken alfredo recipe.
Looking for a low carb alternative? Don't miss this Zucchini Chicken Alfredo.
You Will Need
- Chicken: I recommend using boneless skinless chicken breasts, but you could use boneless skinless chicken thighs if that is what you prefer. Just make sure to trim any excess fat.
- Seasonings: When seasoning meat, I use a teaspoon of salt per pound of meat. You can adjust the amount of salt and pepper to your personal liking.
- Butter: Use unsalted butter for this recipe. You could also use olive oil, but I prefer the taste that butter lends to the recipe.
- Garlic: I use fresh garlic, but you can use jarred minced garlic if desired. Frozen garlic is also a great time-saving option and something that I use frequently in my kitchen..
- Chicken Broth: Homemade broth always tastes best to me, but you can use purchased broth if you prefer.
- Heavy Cream: You will need heavy cream to give the sauce a rich and creamy consistency. Keep in mind that milk or half and half may curdle, so that is not a recommended substitute for this recipe.
- Fettuccine Noodles: You can use any type of noodle for this recipe, but I like to use fettuccine noodles for the extra flavor they give. Make sure that you make any necessary time adjustments if you use a different pasta.
- Parmesan Cheese: The cheese adds wonderful flavor and helps thicken the sauce. Use freshly grated cheese if possible, as pre-grated cheese can be quite salty and lack flavor. You can also substitute another type of hard cheese such as Romano or Asiago if desired.
First, start by sprinkling the chicken with salt and pepper.
Next, set your Ninja Foodi to HI sauté, and add the butter.
Once the butter is melted, add the seasoned chicken cubes to the pot.
Cook, stirring often, until the chicken is browned, about 3 to 4 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds longer. Be careful not to let the garlic burn!
Pour in about ¼ cup of the chicken broth and scrape the bottom of the pot with a silicone spoon to remove any browned bits in the pan that could cause a burn notice later. Hit cancel.
Stir in the remaining broth and cream.
Add the noodles and press them down until they are submerged in the liquid. Close and seal the lid, and make sure the pressure valve is set to seal.
Using the pressure cooking function, select manual high pressure and set the timer to 6 minutes.
Once the timer is done, do a quick pressure release. Open the lid and stir in the grated Parmesan cheese. Let it sit with the lid on for 5 to 10 minutes to let the cheese melt and some of the liquid absorb.
Stir well until the parmesan is incorporated.
Taste and adjust seasonings if desired. Serve with your favorite sides, and enjoy!
Tips, Tricks, & Variations
- The broth really seasons the entire dish, so make sure you use a good quality. I like to use homemade Instant Pot Chicken Bone Broth.
- The sauce thickens as it sits. If you would like a thicker cream sauce, try adding 2 to 4 ounces of cream cheese.
- For a spicy kick, add 2 teaspoons to 1 ½ tablespoons of cajun seasoning. (The amount you use will depend on how hot you want it and how spicy the cajun seasoning you are using is.)
- Roasted Garlic Chicken Alfredo is another fun twist! Just add in 1 head of roasted and peeled garlic.
- If you swap the chicken for mushrooms, this recipe works well as a vegetarian main course.
I like to keep it simple and serve this recipe with a green salad and bread machine dinner rolls.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is True Alfredo Sauce?
True Alfredo sauce is made with butter, cream, and Parmesan cheese. It does not contain any flour or thickeners, so it can be quite delicate.
Can I substitute milk for the heavy cream?
No, milk or half and half may curdle when placed under pressure. Heavy cream is essential for achieving a rich and creamy sauce.
What Pasta Should I Use for Chicken Alfredo?
You can use any type of pasta you like, but I prefer to use fettuccine noodles If you are looking for a gluten-free option, there are many excellent varieties on the market.
Can I use Jarred Alfredo Sauce?
I recommend making the recipe as written. Because we are cooking pasta and making the sauce silmataneously, jarred Alfredo sauce is not ideal. It can be used as a shortcut, but you may need to adjust the seasonings or add more broth, cream or butter to achieve desired consistency and flavor.
Tools Needed to Make
As amazon associate, I earn from qualifying sales.
Store leftover Ninja Foodi chicken alfredo in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Reheating Chicken Alfredo
To reheat, place desired amount of chicken Alfredo in a skillet over medium heat and add a small splash of milk or cream.
Heat until warmed through and serve.
Alternatively, you can also reheat leftovers in the microwave using 30 second intervals and stirring in between until desired temperature is reached. Enjoy!
More Ninja Foodi Recipes to Try
- Ninja Foodi chicken noodle soup
- Ninja Foodi chicken breast
- Ninja Foodi mac and cheese
- Ninja Foodi mashed potatoes
Ninja Foodi Chicken Alfredo
- Ninja Foodi pressure cooker or Instant Pot
- 16 ounces chicken cut into cubes
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 ¼ cup heavy cream
- 8 ounces fettuccine noodles broken in half
- 4 ounces parmesan cheese shredded
- Sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Set your Ninja Foodi to HI saute, and add the butter.
- When the butter is melted, add the seasoned chicken to the pot. Cook, stirring often, until the chicken is browned, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds longer. Pour in about ¼ cup of the chicken broth and scrape the bottom of the pot with a silicone spoon.
- Hit cancel. Stir in the broth and cream. Add the noodles and press them down until they are submerged in the liquid.
- Close and seal the lid, and make sure the pressure valve is set to seal. Select manual high pressure, and set the time for 6 minutes.
- When the time is up, do a quick release. Stir well and sprinkle with the parmesan. Close the lid and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Stir well, until the parmesan is fully incorporated. Season to taste with salt and pepper.