This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Mission®. All opinions are entirely my own.
These Slow Cooker Chipotle Beef Tacos are a delicious and easy weeknight meal. Made with Mission Organics® White Corn Tortillas, it is a meal that your family will love, and you will feel good about serving.
Before we get to these Slow Cooker Chipotle Beef Tacos, I want to talk about love languages.
I have mentioned before that food is my love language.
I have always enjoyed seeing my family happy with the meals I create, even before I had kids of my own. I can still remember the thrill of hosting my first holiday celebration in my own home.
As unbelievable as that felt, nothing could have prepared me for how it would feel to be cooking daily for two boys who are nearing their teens.
They have always been appreciative when I make foods that they love, but now their appreciation has turned into an overwhelming exuberance.
They eat. A lot.
They come back for seconds.
They thank me. Over and over.
I am starting to think that food is their love language too.
Regardless, cooking for them and with them is a way we have stayed connected through their tween years, and I hope that it continues as we enter the teens. It really seems to mean something to them when I take the time to make a meal that I know they especially will love.
One of their favorites has always been tacos. It is a meal that when we lived in a city where I had access to all kinds of stores, we had every week.
We have been working hard to eat organic and stay away from GMOs, and I haven’t always been able to find non-GMO tortillas close by. Because of this, tacos haven’t been making an appearance on my regular menus.
I was so excited to hear that Mission Organics® has just come out with a complete line of organic tortillas and chips, which are available in grocery stores nationwide.
They come in three varieties, White Corn, Flour, and Whole-Wheat. I was able to pick them up on my regular grocery run in the tortilla section of Ingles. All of the tortillas are USDA Organic certified and non-GMO project verified, which is so important to me.
You know what else? They taste amazing! Just heat them up before serving for best results.
I love feeling good about giving the boys what they love!
For more great recipes with Mission Organics Tortillas and to find a store near you that has them, you can visit their website here.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 jalapeño, stemmed, seeded and chopped
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, chopped plus 1 teaspoon adobo sauce
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 teaspoon sweetener of choice
- 1 1/2 pounds grass-fed beef (I used sirloin steaks. Next time I'd use flank steak.)
- 16 Mission Organics White Corn Tortillas
- For Serving: avocado, cheese, tomato, cabbage, cilantro, lime wedges
- Heat butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add onion, jalapeño, and chipotle pepper and cook for 8 minutes. Add garlic, chili powder, and cumin and cook for one more minute. Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer onion mixture to a slow cooker and stir in broth and sweetener. Add beef tips and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours, until the meat is easily pulled apart with a fork. Shred.
- Heat Mission Organics White Corn Tortillas in a skillet until warm and serve tacos with desired fixings.
Other Taco Recipes You Might Enjoy
- Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos with Mango Salsa
- Beef Tacos with Cilantro Slaw and Avocado Dressing
- Black Bean, Corn & Avocado Tacos
- Grilled Veggie & Quinoa Tacos with Cilantro Pesto